McDowell Hetherington, a commercial litigation firm with a nationwide practice, is seeking candidates for associate attorney positions in its Houston, North Texas, Northern California and South Florida offices. Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- A current license to practice law in Texas, Florida or California;
- Excellent academic credentials;
- 2 to 8 years of litigation experience;
- Strong legal research, writing, and advocacy skills;
- The ability to multitask and think proactively;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and a team-player mentality;
- A desire to have contact with clients and build his or her own practice; and
- Fearlessness and a sense of humor.
The strongest candidates will have had a judicial clerkship, and mock trial or moot court experience.
Compensation is competitive but dependent upon each candidate’s experience and background. MH also participates in E-Verify and pays a competitive market salary rate that includes a robust benefits package.
MH has offices in Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth, Northern California and South Florida; and lawyers licensed to practice in nineteen states and the District of Columbia. The founding Houston office focuses on complex business litigation in the energy, financial services, and first-party insurance sectors. Since the firm’s founding in 2009, MH lawyers have appeared as lead counsel in forty-nine of the fifty states and have handled appellate matters in almost every federal judicial circuit. We dress casually (when not in court or with clients) but take our work very seriously.
Interested applicants should submit a Web Application:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
MH provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.