Property and Casualty Insurance
MH is a nationally recognized leader in the area of property and casualty coverage and claims litigation. Throughout its existence, MH has represented primary and excess insurers, reinsurers, third party administrators, and independent adjustment companies across the country. MH’s unrivaled insurance and litigation experience ensure that MH’s clients are protected from the initiation of a dispute through to trial and appeal.
Since the firm’s inception in 2009, MH has answered the bell for its clients in venues across the country. MH’s property and casualty group has advised clients with disputes in Arkansas, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, California, Florida, Louisiana, New Mexico, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, and Texas. In handing well over a billion dollars in risk, MH has vigorously represented its clients in board rooms, state and federal courts, arbitrations, and before administrative agency tribunals. MH’s vast experience includes:
- Administrative agency investigations;
- Advising clients in hundreds of cases involving litigation arising from Superstorm Sandy and 5 “Cat” storms, including Hurricanes Rita, Ike, Irma, Isaac, Harvey, and Maria;
- Bad faith and extra-contractual damages;
- Coverage disputes in various lines, including general liability, professional liability, property, business interruption, homeowners, and reinsurance;
- Internal investigations of matters relating to potential liability or administrative penalty exposure;
- Interpretation of excess and umbrella liability policies;
- Pre-litigation disputes and investigations, appraisal management, and examinations under oath; and
- Third-party defense of an insured.
Whether facing isolated events affecting individual policyholders or catastrophic loss scenarios, MH’s comprehensive risk management experience will help you develop and execute the right strategy for your business or insured.