McDowell Hetherington LLP is seeking candidates for a Paralegal position for its Arlington office. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com with “Arlington Paralegal Applicant” in the subject line. This initially part-time in-person position (minimum of 20 hours/week) will eventually be a full-time position in the Arlington office of McDowell Hetherington. The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
· At least three (3) years of experience as a certified Paralegal in a litigation environment;
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Excel and Teams proficiency;
· Substantial experience working with electronic court filings in both state and federal courts;
· Experience with Worldox or a similar document management system;
· Experience with an electronic timekeeping system;
· Team oriented, but able to work independently;
· Professional appearance and demeanor; and
· A positive and proactive attitude.
Job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Providing paralegal support for litigation attorneys with complex dockets;
· Supporting a high-volume, document intensive docket;
· Assisting with e-discovery projects and productions;
· Drafting correspondence and preparing trial binders;
· Assisting in preparation for mediations and depositions;
· Assisting in all aspects of trial preparations, including utilizing of technology; and
· Maintaining accurate and up-to-date calendars for important trial (and other) deadlines.
MH’s Arlington office is a collaborative office that focuses on complex business litigation, with a focus on financial services and first-party insurance litigation. The office also supports multiple clients in actions relating to secondary market transactions of structured settlement annuities. MH provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender expression, sexual orientation/expression, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. MH also participates in E Verify and pays a competitive market rate that includes a robust benefits package.