Amanda E. Voeller
Phone: (713) 221-3723
Fax: (713) 337-8850
Amanda Voeller is an associate in the firm’s Houston office. Before joining McDowell Hetherington, Amanda served as a law clerk to the Honorable Debra H. Lehrmann on the Supreme Court of Texas and to the Honorable Hal R. Ray, Jr. on the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas. Through these experiences, Amanda gained a valuable understanding of how judges consider advocacy and decide cases.
During law school, Amanda was the Executive Student Writing Editor of Texas Tech Law Review. Additionally, she was a brief writer for the 2019 Frank A. Schreck Gaming Law Moot Court competition, which her team won. During college, she wrote and edited news articles for The Daily Texan, the student newspaper at The University of Texas at Austin.
Outside of the office, Amanda enjoys live music, exploring new cities, and playing classical piano. She is a big fan of her cats, Treble and Bass, as well as cats in general.
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Debra H. Lehrmann, Supreme Court of Texas (2020-2021)
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Hal R. Ray, Jr., U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas (2019-2020)
- “Eco” Your Own Way: An Argument for State-Specific Climate Change Legislation, 32 Fordham Envtl. L. Rev. 259 (2021)
- A Leap of Faith: Questioning the Constitutionality of Texas’s Legislative Prayer Practice, 51 Tex. Tech L. Rev. 305 (2019)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2019
- The University of Texas at Austin, B. A., Journalism, 2016