Phone: (713) 221-3795
Fax: (713) 337-8850
Avi Moshenberg advocates for McDowell Hetherington clients tangled in commercial disputes across the country. Whether he’s representing a person, a small business, or an international corporation, Avi’s experience prosecuting and defending commercial cases equips him to confront whatever business dispute erupts next.
Avi’s commercial practice primarily focuses on energy, insurance, employment, and contract disputes. Yet he embraces the opportunity to dive into new areas—especially when it presents a chance to help a person or business that’s been harmed or unfairly sued. That eagerness to take on tough cases is precisely why Avi represents McDowell Hetherington’s clients in a variety of cases that include collecting money under the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act, enforcing a contract’s noncompete and confidentiality terms, and litigating collective actions for unpaid overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Avi graduated summa cum laude from the University of Pittsburgh Honors College in three years with honors. He earned his law degree from South Texas College of Law, where he finished in the top 10% of his class. Outside the classroom, Avi polished his research and writing skills as a member of Law Review, clerked for esteemed lawyers and interned at the First Court of Appeals of Texas, and acquired first-class advocacy training while competing for South Texas’s nationally renowned Advocacy Program. As a South Texas Advocate, Avi won a national championship, earned brief-writing awards, and was recognized as one of the top oralists in the nation. Avi now gives back to the Advocacy Program by serving as an adjunct professor of appellate advocacy.
On the weekends, Avi travels the children’s birthday-party circuit with his wife and two young kids.
- Judicial Intern, First Court of Appeals of Texas
- Texas “Rising Star” Attorney in Texas Monthly, 2019 – 2021
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- South Texas College of Law, cum laude, J.D., 2012
- University of Pittsburgh Honors College, summa cum laude, 2007