John "Davis" LaBarre
Phone: (713) 221-3796
Fax: (713) 337-8850
Davis LaBarre is an associate in the firm’s Houston office, with a focus on complex commercial litigation. He has experience litigating a broad range of disputes and prides himself as a zealous advocate who uses strategy and grit to resolve legal disputes.
Prior to joining McDowell Hetherington, Davis was an associate at a prominent Houston law firm where his practice consisted of complex commercial litigation including experience with class action and multidistrict litigation. There, Davis gained significant trial experience, including a successful jury verdict. Davis also relies on his prior business experience, working for Ernst & Young and Chesapeake Energy, to guide his practice today.
Outside the office, Davis is an avid sports fan and enjoys attending Houston Texans, Astros and Rockets’ games. Davis and his wife enjoy spending time outdoors, trying new restaurants, and cheering for their alma mater, the Oklahoma Sooners.
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2022-2023
- Wake Forest Law Review
- Securing post-trial verdict dismissing contractual and quasi-contractual claims seeking recovery of finder’s fee from mining company.
- Member of team representing the State of Texas, Idaho, Indiana, Mississippi, Louisiana, North Dakota, South Carolina, and South Dakota as outside trial counsel in a multidistrict litigation anti-trust case against a Fortune 10 technology company.
- Committee member representing clients in the FTX cryptocurrency exchange collapse multidistrict litigation.
- Member of litigation team representing relator whistleblowers in federal and state qui tam actions against pharmaceutical companies for fraud against state Medicaid programs.
- Assisted in representing a privately-owned investment firm against a real estate developer that resulted in a multi-million-dollar settlement.
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D., 2022
- University of Oklahoma, B.B.A., Accounting, 2018