Diane S. Wizig
Phone: (713) 333-5889
Fax: (713) 337-8850
Diane Wizig is a partner in the firm’s Houston office. Diane’s practice focuses on complex litigation, representing energy and financial services clients in a variety of commercial and consumer disputes. Diane has significant experience leading all facets of case strategy, discovery, and general pre-trial efforts in class actions and bet-the-company litigation. She has a proven track record of winning dispositive motions in both state and federal courts nationwide, allowing her clients to escape the unnecessary costs of protracted litigation and the uncertainty of trial.
Diane also serves as the firm’s Pro Bono Partner. In this role she leads McDowell Hetherington’s pro bono efforts—which have ranged from staffing Houston Volunteer Lawyers’ Legal Advice Clinic, to establishing McDowell Hetherington’s eviction defense docket during the COVID-19 pandemic, to leading the firm’s involvement in the groundbreaking Law Firm Antiracism Alliance (LFAA) since it was founded in 2020. Diane is proudly serving as one of the founding co-chairs to LFAA’s Education Working Group, building coalitions among diverse stakeholders committed to anti-racism efforts in education.
Prior to joining McDowell Hetherington, Diane first practiced for three years as an environmental litigator at Alston & Bird in Atlanta, Georgia. Diane then served as a law clerk to the Honorable Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers on the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
Outside of the office, Diane enjoys cheering on the Golden State Warriors and traveling with her wife and daughter.
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers, United States District Court for the Northern District of California (2015-2016)
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Second, Sixth, and Seventh Circuits
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2011
- Emory University Rollins School of Public Health, M.P.H., 2011
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., Psychology, summa cum laude, 2006