Hanqiu "Ian" Liu
Phone: (510) 878-3387
Fax: (510) 628-2146
Office: NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
Hanqiu “Ian“ Liu is an attorney in McDowell Hetherington’s California office. Ian is a trial attorney with practice focus on Complex Commercial Litigation. He has extensive courtroom experience where he spent thousands of hours representing clients in all stages of litigation, including but not limited to arguing motions, negotiations, pre-trial conference, and ultimately jury trials. Ian conducted numerous jury trials to verdict and received outstanding results for his clients.
Ian received his Bachelor’s Degree from University of California, San Diego in 2015, and his J.D. from University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2020. While in law school, Ian worked at the Supreme Court of Hawai’i, where he conducted complex legal research, drafted memoranda and recommendations for applications for writ of certiorari and assisted in drafting judicial opinions for the Supreme Court of Hawai’i. Ian was named a June Sun Scholar and was a member of the environmental moot court team.
In his spare time, Ian enjoys the beach, as well as hiking and camping. He also enjoys staying in with his fur babies and playing video games.
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2020
- University of California, San Diego, B.S., Management Science, 2015