Phone: (713) 221-3796
Fax: (713) 337-8850
Office: DALLAS/FT. WORTH
Janie Rios is an associate in the firm’s Dallas/Fort Worth office. Janie received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and History in 2014 from Rice University. She earned her J.D. from the University of Houston Law Center where she served as Senior Editor for the Houston Law Review’s online journal and competed nationally with the Law Center’s Mock Trial and Moot Court teams. Janie also interned for the Honorable Judge Hilda G. Tagle in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas and received the Order of the Barristers, a national honor given to graduating law students who demonstrate outstanding ability in the preparation and presentation of oral and written advocacy.
Prior to joining McDowell Hetherington, Janie was an associate at a first-party insurance litigation firm, where her practice consisted of representing plaintiffs in first-party commercial and residential property disputes.
Outside of the office, Janie enjoys traveling, exploring Houston’s food scene, and spending time with family, friends, and her dog Lola.
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 2021
- Southern Methodist University, Master of Education, 2017
- Rice University, Political Science and History B.A., 2014