Phone: (713) 221-2547
Fax: (713) 337-8850
Jay Patterson is an attorney in the firm’s Houston office where his practice is focused on commercial litigation.
Prior to joining McDowell Hetherington, Jay practiced in the Houston office of a litigation firm known for handling complex first-party insurance disputes – specifically in the construction and petrochemical industries – and commercial litigation. There, Jay represented foreign and domestic insurers in state and federal courts throughout the country and helped achieve favorable outcomes in commercial matters before the American Arbitration Association and JAMS.
Away from practicing law, Jay spends his time outdoors, whether it be cycling around Houston, trail hiking with his wife, Ali, and their dog, Goose, or playing golf with friends. Jay is also an avid Ole Miss sports fan.
- Aggressively and Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing: Grantees Obligated to Litigate, 87 Miss. L.J. 859 (2018)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- The University of Mississippi School of Law, cum laude, 2018
- The University of Mississippi, B.A., Real Estate Finance, 2014