Phone: (713) 221-3798
Fax: (713) 337-8850
Prior to joining McDowell Hetherington, Justin served as a litigation attorney at a major national law firm where he focused on matters pertaining to employment and commercial defense litigation in both state and federal courts. He has prior experience representing veterans before the Board of Veterans’ Appeals and the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims in advocating for veterans seeking benefits and access to healthcare from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Justin received his J.D., cum laude, from Syracuse University College of Law and his M.A. in International Relations from Syracuse University’s Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs in 2019. While in law school, he served as an editor on the Journal on Terrorism and Security Analysis and was a Human Rights Investigator for the Syrian Accountability Project to document war crimes during the Syrian civil war. Throughout law school, Justin also continued his service to our country and served as an International Affairs Intern at the Department of State, a NATO Policy Intern at the Department of Defense, a legal intern at the Department of Homeland Security, and as a Political and Military Strategy Intelligence Analyst for the Department of Defense immediately after law school. Prior to law school (and throughout), Justin served as an Intelligence Analyst in the United States Army National Guard.
Outside of the office, Justin enjoys photography, hiking, golfing, pickleball and exploring great food spots in Houston.
- District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2019
- Syracuse University – Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, M.A., 2019
- Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis, B.S., 2015