Phone: (713) 337-8873
Fax: (713) 337-8850
Louise Root is an associate in the firm’s Houston office. Louise received her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology in 2017 from the University of Texas at Austin where she graduated magna cum laude. Louise then earned her J.D. from the University of Houston Law Center where she graduated magna cum laude. In law school, Louise served as an editor of the Houston Law Review, was a member of the Order of the Barons, and received the Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P. award for the Best Paper in Health Law.
Prior to joining McDowell Hetherington, Louise was an associate at a prominent international law firm where her practice consisted of complex commercial litigation. There, Louise honed her written advocacy skills and gained valuable litigation experience.
Outside of the office, Louise enjoys cooking Defined Dish recipes, hanging out with her two cats, Peanut and Waffles, and taking pilates classes.
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P., Best Paper in Health Law Award
- University of Houston Law Center LEX Award, Lawyering Skills & Strategies
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., magna cum laude, 2020
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., Psychology, magna cum laude, 2017