Phone: (713) 337-8841
Fax: (713) 337-8850
Matt Bourda is an associate in the firm’s Houston office. As a bankruptcy and restructuring attorney, Matt has represented a range of clientele, with industries ranging from restaurants to oil and gas servicing. Most recently, Matt represented an apartment complex that was able to confirm a plan of reorganization to pay back its creditors and allow its shareholders to retain equity within the complex.
Matt received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science in 2012 from Tulane University and his Juris Doctor from the Thurgood Marshall School of Law at Texas Southern University. While in law school, Matt was a member of the Thurgood Marshall Law Review, serving as its Editor-In-Chief from 2015-2016.
When not working, Matt enjoys spending time with family and friends, cooking, and playing Monopoly.
- Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Jeff Bohm (ret.), United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Southern District of Texas, (2019)
- New York
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Courts of Appeal for the Second, Third, and Fifth Circuits
- U.S. District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of New York
- U.S. District and Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado
- Thurgood Marshall School of Law, J.D., 2016
- Tulane University, B.A., Political Science 2012