Nick R. Lawson
Phone: (713) 221-3799
Fax: (713) 333-6035
Nick Lawson represents McDowell Hetherington’s clients from its Houston office. Nick is a commercial litigator that focuses on class and collective actions around the country. He represents plaintiffs and defendants across a spectrum of industries, including the energy, financial-services, staffing, and software industries.
Nick has worked with clients to resolve disputes ranging from contract cases under the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act to employment disputes under the Fair Labor Standards Act. Clients love working with him because he provides attentive service and confident advocacy.
He also enjoys community service and volunteers his time providing pro-bono legal services for Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas and mentoring young lawyers as a coach for the University of Houston Law Center Negotiation and Mediation teams.
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Nancy J. Rosenstengel, United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois (2014-2015)
- 2013-14 Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas.
- 2013: Special Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of Illinois.
- 2013: Award for Public Service, United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Illinois.
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth, Seventh and Eleventh Circuit
- University of Houston Law School, J.D., 2012
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., Anthropology, 2009