Phone: (713) 221-3724
Fax: (713) 337-8850
Randy J. Duncan serves clients across the country—defending them in complex insurance and energy litigation, managing their interactions with regulatory bodies, and advising their efforts with document retention and management. As the firm’s resident electronic discovery expert, Randy plays a key role in ensuring clients efficiently collect, process, and produce electronically stored information. Randy’s knowledge of information technology and application legal requirements has rendered him invaluable to clients who need a liaison between legal teams, in-house IT, records management personnel, and vendors. Through his network of electronic discovery professionals, Randy has helped clients significantly reduce their discovery expense, often by more than half.
A large part of Randy’s practice focuses on complex insurance industry litigation, including defense against lawsuits initiated by institutional investors related to non-recourse premium financing, stranger-originated life insurance, or cost of insurance rate adjustments.
Outside of the firm, Randy has a passion for the Houston Rockets, Houston Astros, and high-performance cars. If Randy isn’t attending a sporting event or track day, he will likely be found entertaining his dog Buddha.
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- The University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 2011
- University of Memphis, B.A., Marketing Management, with Honors, 2007