Phone: (713) 893-4406
Fax: (713) 337-8850
Ryan Goodland is an attorney in the firm’s Houston office whose practice focuses on commercial litigation. Ryan has represented clients in state and federal courts and in arbitration proceedings, both domestic and international, in a variety of complex cases, including ERISA, intellectual property, life insurance, consumer protection, antitrust, and nationwide class actions.
Prior to joining the firm, Ryan practiced as a commercial litigator at an AmLaw 50 firm in New York, where he represented clients in the insurance, pharmaceutical, and technology industries. More recently, Ryan served as an Assistant Attorney General at the New York Attorney General’s office, where he investigated civil fraud in New York’s residential real estate market.
A native Houstonian, Ryan enjoys running marathons, learning Spanish, and travelling with his husband.
- Affirmation by Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals of order dismissing suit for life insurance benefits as time barred as a matter of first impression under Kansas law.
- Affirmation by the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals of summary judgment in favor of energy provider in suit alleging violations of Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Dismissal of claims against life insurers in multiple matters, in federal court and New York state court.
- Dismissal of claims against life insurance agent in Texas.
- Favorable settlements or voluntary dismissals of matters involving life insurance and consumer protection.
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Western, Eastern, Northern, and Southern and Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., with Honors, 2013
- Rice University, B.A., English and Political Science 2007