Ryan A. Phipps
Phone: (817) 635-7304
Fax: (817) 635-7308
Ryan A. Phipps is an associate based out of Oklahoma City who focuses on financial services, insurance, and commercial litigation. Ryan’s experience includes representing individuals and businesses in matters involving welfare benefit and defined benefit pension plans, coverage disputes, beneficiary disputes, first-party and third-party insurance claims, torts, breach of contract, consumer law, and actions related to the secondary market of life and annuity products. Ryan has extensive experience in landlord-tenant law, including cases relating to eviction matters, personal injuries, contract disputes, bankruptcy, municipal code violations, and matters involving state agencies.
Ryan grew up in Abilene, Texas and received a National Merit Scholarship prior to attending Baylor University. After graduating from Baylor, he moved to Washington D.C. and worked at an international law firm before returning home to attend The University of Texas School of Law. While in law school, Ryan was the Managing Editor of the Texas Review of Entertainment and Sports Law and participated in the Hutcheson Moot Court Competition. After law school, he was an Associate with a Texas-based litigation firm, where he gained valuable experience in drafting pleadings, handling discovery, taking and defending depositions, attending mediations, and making court appearances throughout Texas.
Outside of the office, Ryan enjoys spending time with his wife, playing trivia, and watching football, basketball, and baseball.
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2018
- Baylor University, B.A., 2012